Margaritas

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

david lewis

I'm really tired of this coffee thread. Lets switch the discussion to how do you make a perfect Margarita!! Of course you will never actually drink these while using your boat but at the dock? Who has the best Margarita recipe? dave

M

Miles

Margs

Sauza Conmemorativo (lots) Sour Mix Roses Lime Juice Fresh squeezed lime juice Ice Enjoy on the hook after a nice sail...

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
Miles......

Why don't you add this to the receipe database for future reference?

T

Todd Osborne

Margarita Recepie

2-3 cups ice 2/3rd can limeaid 1shot triple sec add tequila to taste (or desired level of intoxication) blend, or stir (found out I need a bigger inverter for this task!)

M

Miles

Database

Cool, I didn't even know HOW had a receipe database. Truly a font of information!!!

C

Charlie Gruetzner

Margs

For the blender full!!!!! 3 shots triple sec 3 shots tequila (perferably Gold) the juice of 2 limes 2 tbls of instant disolving sugar Plenty of ice Strawberries is so desired

M

Mike I.

Tin Can Maggy

My all time favorite Maggy is close to the classic Margarita: Equal Parts each; Tequilla Cointreau Fresh lime juice Shake with ice and strain into a tin can or whatever else will hold liquid.

S

Steve Phillips

Make it a Cadillac

I love tin can's recipe, but if you put a small gran marinier "float" on top you are really stylin'!!

J

Joe

A humbly offer my professional advice.....

.... on this subject - I do this for a living - This recipe works best for me, (happy customers = good tips) 3 parts gold tequila (not white, not anejo, the agave juice has to have a little bite. 1 part triple sec (generic okay, Cointreau es muy caro) 3 parts SUNKIST sweet/sour (this is the very best mix for margaritas, the consensus choice among most professionals. It is lemon/lime in taste, not too tart or lemony. Most importantly it provides a nice, creamy head when shaken. NO BLENDER..... ON and OVER .. Shake lightly with ice cubes in stainless shaker, then pour entire contents into KOSHER salt rimmed tumblers. If desired, one may shake more vigously for a deeper chill and serve "up" by straining contents into a Kosher salt rimmed martini style glass with just a few cubes to keep it cold. Garnish with lime wheel on rim, don't squeeze.

M

mg

'bout time

best post yet. its about time we got down to talking about the real nuts and bolts of sailing. im always asked "why do you always drink on board?" my incredulous response ..."the sailors of old didn't drink rum for nothing!" i may not know the reason but im not about to deviate from tradition at this point. happy sailing.

D

david lewis

Sailors of Old

Outstanding response to my post. Yes indeed the sailors of old drank rum. Every day they would get a ration of it and of course while in port they would usually take all their wages earned over the entire trip and drink it all in one night. This tradition carries on to this day in fishing ports (read the perfect storm for some examples) as well as in ports where Naval ships provide leave to weary sailors. I feel a deep rooted responsibility to carry on the traditions of old. I am building a wooden boat, I sail instead of power, and while in port I make sure my ancestors look down on me with pride as I carry on their protside traditions. Happy Sailing.

Status
Not open for further replies.