Manual bilge pump

Jan 17, 2013
Catalina 310 St. Simons Island, GA
Greetings all. I finally decided to test out the manual bilge pump before going on a trip and I cannot locate the handle. What's maddening is that I think I have seen it onboard before but cannot locate it now. Where is the manual bilge pump handle located typically on a Catalina 310? I will check all suggested locations because I am out of ideas now. Thanks for your help...
Bob

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Bob, could be anyplace, and I'll let the 310 skippers suggest where to look. But you might save some headache by just measuring the hole and buying a dowel or honing down and cutting a broom stick, that's really all you need. Good luck.

gpd955

Feb 22, 2006
Catalina 310 Cape May, NJ
I don't think there's a set spot for it unless a bracket or something was added later in production. I keep mine in the port cockpit locker right up front where it can be easily reached. There wasn't a bracket for it or anything, it just sits there.

Jan 17, 2013
Catalina 310 St. Simons Island, GA
Never mind, I found it. In my my wife's clothes drawer in the v-berth. I knew it was here somewhere. You are correct in that there is no one set place for it... Thanks.
bob

pk104

Jun 30, 2009
Catalina 310 Atwood Lake
I keep mine in the rear port locker. There is a line tied to it and the hose on the manual pump. It stores by slipping it between the fiberglass and the pump hose.

Mar 6, 2008
Catalina 310 Scott Creek, VA
good Idea to tie it close. Mine is also tied where it can't be lost if you really need it, just follow the string. That hole on the end is for a string.

Dec 7, 2012
Kittiwake 23, Irwin 43 .. Indianapolis / indianatown, fl
hello all

I have a string attached to mine and loop the other end of the string over the bulge pump itself... this way I always have it right there at the hand hump station... also go to the hardware store and get some tool rack holder clips... you can clip it right into those to keep it close to the hand bilge pump station...

sincerely
Jess

Feb 16, 2021
Hunter Legend 35.5 Bellingham
It's been a while on this post, but does anyone know which clips to get to mount the bilge pump handle to a locker wall? I want to keep it inside the locker where the bilge pump is located, but it is far too deep to have it sit on the bottom, and there is nowhere it could be lodged up higher. Some sort of wall mounted clips or clamps would be ideal. I have seen them on plenty of other boats, but cannot for the life of me figure out what they are or where to get them.

Aug 29, 2016
Catalina 2004 310 (Hull #250) BC
I just have the handle go through the top of the pump rocker mechanism itself - sits nicely and doesn't move. and is obvious for others to see it's function. However, this is for my Catalina 310 - looks like you're on a Hunter? IN that case I'd try the 3m handle holder (for brooms etc.) which I've found handy for holding many items such as a boat hook. Good luck!