Makes you scratch your head

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Franklin

And no, it's not another one of my ideas :) Yesterday a small, no cabin, 1' freeboat sailboat was capsized near the Clear Lake Channel. The crew of two guys were in the water and have a rough time to right the boat. Finally, after 30 minutes they got it up and one onboard. Strange thing was, he didn't help get the other on board and did let the sheets out. He sailed away leaving the other guy in the water. I motored over and picked up the MOB. I motored over to his boat and just as I was getting close so he could step from my boat to his, then other guy did a hard port turn into my hull. I was so pissed! I then made a hard port turn and that avoided a colision, but the action stopped his boat so I flew by the guy and didn't have a chance to slow down. The guy on my boat then jumped off into the water. I asked the guy when they went out and he said about 5:30 pm. At 3:30 the wind picked up to 18 kts. Not only that, but Galveston Bay here for a week has been invaded by Jellyfish. They shouldn't have been out in that boat. Idiots! It's one thing to go out with heavy winds for such a small boat, but to do it on a day when there it Jellfish everywhere is a bonehead decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.