Mainsheet Traveler and Vang Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 23, 2009
2 28 Lake City
I purchased a 78 Lancer 28 two years ago. It was in rough shape. I have been slowly refurbing it. It did not come with a main sheet track, traveler or car set up. It also did not come with a Boom Vang. I am getting ready to put it in the water and need to aquire those two systems. I believe this boat originally was set up to have the main sheet attached to the step leading into the Cabin. I have seen pictures of set ups on the cabin roof. Can anyone provide close up pictures of how those systems are assembled and suggestions on MFG?

Feb 1, 2007
-Lancer -28 The Sea Of Cortez
The vang, usually 4-part tackle, usually attaches the a ring fitting at the base of the mast and another horseshoe type fitting attached to the boom 3 or 4 feet back from the mast.

Apr 23, 2009
2 28 Lake City
Great. Thanks. I think I found a possible set up on-line at this site. I am deployed for a few more weeks and it is kind of hard to do this from afar, but knowing what materials I have to buy ahead of time will make it much easier when I get home and can start working on it. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.