MAINSAIL BOOM SLIDE....

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ROGER BLEVINS

I HAVE A 1992 OCEANIS 390...JUST BOUGHT IN JULY....IT HAS THE FURLING MAINSAIL BUT IT WILL NOT UNFURL WITHOUT GOING ONTO THE DECK AND PUSHING THE SLIDE BACK BY HAND...SOMEHOW THE CONFIGURATION PUTS A BIND AND IT WILL NOT SLIDE EVEN USING WINCH...SLIDES MOVES WITH ONE FINGER WHEN NOT IN BIND.I HAVE TRIED TWO DIFFERENT BLOCKS WITH NO CHANGES. SOMEONE SUGGESTED A SAIL TRACK BE INSTALLED TO FIX THE PROBLEM.....IS THIS A COMMON PROBLEM WITH BENETEAU WITH A FURLING MAINSAIL SETUP? THANKS

S

Steven Heyman

Rollerfurling main on my 370

In April of 1995 I purchased a 94 Oceanis 370 with a Z-spar rollerfurling main. I have had a good deal of difficulty rolling and unfurling the Main sail. I had to replace the track and the car which are involved with furling and unfurling the main. The ball bearings of the original car began to fall out, so i added the Harken bearings which by the way are the wrong size. The new car has helped a great deal. I also was using line larger than 3/8 inch that made it more difficult to use the sail. I replaced the line with the appropriate 3/8 inch line and have smoother functioning system. My main had to be repaced as well because it had begun to bag badly, the new sail made by Bank sails in Annapolis have cured the jamming of my sail within the mast. Feel free to conctact me at: Footdoc111@aol.com. Steven

B

Bob Duff

.. binding boom slide ...

My '92 Beneteau 390 has the same kind of binding problem. It is necessary to hand move the slide to unfurl the sail. I am also interested in an answer to this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.