Maine Cruise Pics

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
I know, I know I should have uploaded some photos earlier but did not. The weather has been great, no fog, no rain, low humidity and we've hit a lot of cool places. Despite loosing my venturi tube for my crappy Magma grill, don't even get me going on that design, with $100.00 of fine meat in the fridge, and no way now to grill it, the trip has been spectacular.

Tonight is beautiful, crisp, cool & fall like with about a 6-8 knot breeze. All ports & hatches are open and it should hit about 50f tonight which is PERFECT boat sleeping weather. 77f during the day & 50f at night doesn't get much better!

Here's quick list thus far of what we've explored and done:

Christmas Cove - Damariscotta River
Long Cove - Vinalhaven Island
The Basin - Vinlahaven Island
White Islands - Penobscot Bay
High & Dix Islands - Penonscot Bay
Tenants Harbor - Penobscot Bay
Port Clyde - Muscongus Bay
Maplejuice Cove - St. George River
Pleasant Point Gut - St. George River
Friendship Harbor - Muscongus Bay
Hog Island - Muscongus Bay
Round Pond - Muscongus Bay

Just a few, cause the upload speeds are killing me....

Tim R.

May 27, 2004
Caliber 40 Long Range Cruiser Portland, Maine
We will be starting at 1pm tomorrow heading East out of the Hussey. We may see you or pass in the night. Have a safe sail home and thanks for the pics. I will be out of touch with technology for the next 2 weeks but will post some photos when I return.

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
Great shots..... I know I need to get my pics up from our trip..... I'm working on it.

Dec 9, 2008
1980 Hunter 30 "Denali" Seaford, VA
Great pics, beautiful daughter.

I know about that magna grill. First time I used it a bolt fell off into the water, luckily was another the perfect size in the boat. This February we went out in some nice high 60's degree weather for the night and I went to clean the grill before we left and that metal part that goes over the flame to spread it out fell to the bottom of my slip and I couldn't retrieve it... a few weeks later we had some really low tides and clear water and I could see the sillouette in the silt on the bottom and had to make a net and was able to retrieve it. Last time out we had the grill on the rail still just as we were getting ready to cast off and that tube with the regulator and propane on it dropped into the water.. luckily the propane tank was pretty empty and the whole thing floated and I had a net on the pier that I could snatch it up real quick with.

They made em that way so you keep on buying parts or new grills I swear!