Maine and NE ice storm

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
Huge ice storm hit Maine and the NE, with around 1,000,000 without power. I hope everthings ok with Maine Sail and anyone else from that area.

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Ice Storm

WOW.. We had a record snow event on Thursday here in Baton Rouge. Lots of folks here just getting power back today. Hope Main sail and the guys (and girls) up there are doing OK!.

Attachments

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
I was going to say, that's not much where's the snow, but I looked at where you're from. Wow that is an event.

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
We lost power for a while but we're used to it. The generator in the barn keeps everything flowing when the power is out. The only thing I missed was internet but I tether my laptop to my cell phone while on the road anyway and had net through Verizon Wireless.. All in all the only thing we can't do is cook on the stove.. Ice storms are actually quite beautiful!!:)

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
WOW

It feels funny down here in Florida and watching the snow and ice storms on TV,Xmas shopping and lighted boat parades here is very different than when we lived in NY.
We are not complaining or rubbing it in with warm sunny weather although it has been pretty cool hear for Florida weather.
I don't miss driving in the cold snow or ice that's for sure but me and wife have worked out side driving type jobs in that crappy weather for a lot of years so we think we deserve it and hope you cold states don't have it too bad.

Nick

Attachments

Oct 22, 2008
- Telstar 28 Buzzards Bay
I think NH and parts of Massachusetts got hit far worse than Maine did. Fortunately, I live too far east and south in Massachusetts and only saw rain, but I did visit some friends who had lost trees to the freezing rain. The freezing rain is really pretty if you don't live where it hit... :)

Seadaddler— You're just evil for posting a photo of yourselves in bathing suits, kayaking in the warm sunshine... evil...evil... evil...

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
We been without power for 96 hours and temps below freezing. Many shelters and hospitals are continuing to get more peolpe in. Nh has reported 400 line crews working to clear the lines, but with communications down and roads blocked its slow going. The big push is for today. Many folks have generators or wood stoves to keep warm but CO in homes still remains a problem. Once the heat comes back on we'll be out checking flooded basements. This is the 7th disaster of the century we've had in the last 10 years, sinking boat, no problem.
All U Get
Power is back on, 6 days +. There are as many as 100,000 without power yet in our small state of NH that's a little less than 10%. It's nice to see the snow again.

Last edited: