Main Sheeting Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 3, 2006
- - Chocowinity, NC
My 1980 main sheeting car on my Sabre 28 was furnished by an English company, EYE, and the plastic roller on the car are worn such that the traveler does not operate smoothly. Does anyone know wher one can find replacemrnt parts for the sheeting car or what modifications to the traveler might be considered. The traveler on my boat is located behind the helm on the stern.

D

Doug in Maine

traveler car

I'm in the process of choosing a replacement, probably a Schaeffer, for my inch and a quarter I track on my 34MKII. That's where I'd start, Measure the track width and configuration (some are beveled) don't foget the clearence factors. Then hammer the online sites with their photos and measurements. The marine stores often have a bucket of throwaways, you might get lucky, but finding a Delrin wheel that fits may take you years, and bearings are prohibitively expensive. Hunt for a car that fits the track. Just a thought.

T

Thomas russell

Traveler car bearings

I contacted Sabre Yachts and was given the name of a distributor in england who handles IYE equipment and was successful in obtaining the replacement bearings and a complete set of spares for under forty dollars US. The company is Trafalgar Yacht Services info@westerly-yacht.co.uk. Sabre shure saved me the cost of replacing the traveler and car.

J

Jim K

Here's a source I used. Worked quite well

Try RigRite http://www.rigrite.com/Travellers/IYE_Travellers/iye_traveller1.htm#IYE%207/8%22%20Traveller%20Car%20Part

Status
Not open for further replies.