Main Sail Halyard

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joe

I own a 1984 22' Catalina with a pop-up top, I would like some help in designing a system to raise the main sail from the cockpit. Where should the blocks be placed and what kind should be used to run the halyark back to the cockpit and secured there? Thanks for your help. Joe

S

Stephen Ostrander

mast raising

When I had my C-22 I would attach a snatch block to the bow and a line to the forestay, then lead the line back to the cockpit winch. My wife would grind the winch while I guided the mast up and secured it at the tabernacle, then went forward and secured the forestay. It also helps to build a mast crutch that drops into the rudder gudgeons in the transom.

D

DANNY HAIN

MAIN HALYARDS

Stephan, You may want to check the Catalina National Assoc.they have a technical tips section with nice article and photos.www.catalina.org I think. Good Luck Danny

E

Ed P. - Orangevale, CA

Basic Requirements

Basically, all you will need is a block arrangement to turn the lines from the mast to the cockpit, a jam cleat and winch (recommended) and that's it. Most C-22's have a spot set up on the cabin top to accomodate the turning sheaves. Ed P. "See Da Moon" S/N 13106

Status
Not open for further replies.