Main halyard to cockpit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 29, 2006
- - Kansas City, MO
I have a 22 Sport with internal main halyard. I would like to run the halyard aft to the cockpit. Any ideas on what I need as far as cam cleats, winches, blocks, sheaves, etc. to accomplish this. I know Catalina Direct has a kit, but as far as I can tell, this is to convert from wire halyards to internal halyards. Any advice, diagrams or other information would be appreciated. Chuck Turner

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Pat Royce's Sailing Illustrated

a book, has a great design just what you're looking for. Pop into a West Marine or other chandlery and look through the book. Also, on line, most vendors of hardware have sections in their catalogs, online and in printed form, to show you different arrangements.

Jan 25, 2007
- - Great sacandaga
More neat stuff for lines aft

Yes , The items from Catalina Direct are very nice. I have put on the mast plate, and it's well worth it. I also put on a four sheeve deck organizer from Garhauer Marine, which supplies many items to Catalina Direct. I went with this deck organizer, because it has the same footprint as the two sheeve organizer that was on my C22, and it allows me to run four lines aft on each side. From the deck organizer, I run my lines down on the cabin top, through a four hole block/fairlead, which can be had at www.colligomarine.com This helps me keep my lines neat and out from the poptop when I open and close it. After the lines go through that, they go through a triple rope clutch. I have the spinlock triple, which works great for me. That is mounted on the cabin top as well, then the lines pass a cabin top mounted winch, a lewmar #6. This is mounted at the very aft end of the cabin top. Then the lines are draped over the side of the cabin top into the cockpit, and hung on the cockpit wall when not used. These handy line organizers, to hang up your lines with can be purchased at West Marine, and some very nice ones can be bought at www.schaefermarine.com They are called handi-hangers, they have wall mounted ones and rail mounted ones. The setup that I described above is one both the port and starboard side. A very good site for information on C22's is www.chipford.com , go through his projects, and check out "other sites" . He has some great links to help fellow C22 sailors. Also www.c22pdx.org is great.

Mar 29, 2006
- - Kansas City, MO
Thanks for the info

Thanks for all the information. I think I have all the info I need now after reading all the replies. I will check Pat Royce's book also.

Status
Not open for further replies.