Mac22-Venture keel?Refrig.ideas,products?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jack LaValley

My first priority is replacing the lost keel: a 500lb., 8ft.sword-type swinger. Interested in good used or new. I'm in New York but N.E. search range o.k. I'm also seeking info. on refrigeration as I'd like to get away from the icebox, if feasible, since we're looking forward to lengthy stays on the water. Battery powered? Gas powered? Thank you for any consideration of my needs.

S

Sam Sheber

Centerboard Tip

Havencraft of New England list a keel for the Mac 22 in their catalog. They are on-line, so you can check the particulars there.

D

Doug Rodrigues

Propane ?

You're going to have to install a propane fridge/freezer. I wouldn't recommend it. I just bought a new small one for my old motor home....$740! Where will you install the propane tank? Also, with the propane units, unless the fridge is kept level no cooling will take place. Also, the boat isn't designed to accept the refrigerator like a camper, motorhome, or much larger cruiser sailboat. The units also run on DC and AC. On DC, the draw is approximately 10 Amps. That will drain your battery quick! Go read my owner's review about Mac 22s and Venture 2-22s. For camping, it too small for me. Just my viewpoint.....

Status
Not open for further replies.