mac 25 keel lifting cable bolt size ?

Nov 19, 2018
macgregor m25 puerto vallarta
Hello folks, can someone please tell me the cable lifting bolt size for the mac 25 ? Not the pIvot or locking bolt. Thanks !

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
Small enough to just fit through the swaged eye on the cable, and long enough to be locknutted on the other side.
Oh, and make it a shouldered bolt, and use a fender washer on either side of the cable and one behind the locknut.
Or check with Blue Water Yachts.

Nov 19, 2018
Thanks for the reply,I am sorry but I need the actual dimensions of the bolt, if you have them. The cable came apart while the boat was on a mooring bal in 60 ft of murky water & it cannot be taken out of the ocean & put on it's trailer because it has to go up a river that is too shallow with the keel down so a diver has to go down & attatcg a new cable & it would be practical to know what size wrenches will be needed so the diver doesn't have to make two trips.

Nov 19, 2018
I will try calling them today or Monday, thank you for the reply.

Nov 19, 2018
Hello all, just in case someone with a m25 needs this info, the keel lifting bolt that attaches the lifting cable to the keel is a 3/8" x 3 1/2" (stainless & shouldered,with fender washers & a nicropress nut ).I got this information from Todd,via an email at Blue Water Yachts.
We were able to motor the boat over to clearer water at one of the villages South of us where the water was calmer & clearer, where a diver, no tanks, was able to go down & attach the new cable that I already had made up & fished up through the keel cable guide tube, up to the lifting winch, so we are good to go ! Thanks to all !