Mac 25 Iron Keel Pattern & Specs???

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deral Meadows

I have researched all of the archives and find no information on the Keel specs. & pattern for the Macgregor 25. I have a 1979 Mac and lost the keel. I thought of fabricating one out of steel and filling it with lead for the weight. Does anyone have any ideas or the specifications and a pattern. Thanks, Any help would be appreciated, Deral

D

Dave

Get the Lead Out

Deral, How did you lose your keel? I have an old Mac and want to keep mine. Was it a rusty keel pivot pin? Fiberglass failure? A hard grounding? Alien Abduction? Inquiring minds want to know. Please tell all. Ol' Dave

D

Deral Meadows

Lost Keel

I'm not sure how it happened. The keel broke itself, not the pin or fiberglass. I was new to the boat and it just fell off one day. I drug it to a marina (not mine) and was stuck there. I had to motor about 2000 yards and it took 3 hours. My only option was to cut the cable and let it fall. I first tied 2 ropes onto the keel and 1 came off. The other is not on well and it is tied to a floating dock. There is no way to lift it without a barge or something. It may have cracked when trailering the boat. Not sure. Do you know anyone who might have the specification and pattern to that devil.

P

Paul Hauenstein

Havencraft has new keels

Try Havencraft, at the related link below.They seem to list all the parts you might need.

Status
Not open for further replies.