low water flow to jabsco electric head

May 17, 2014
hunter 380 Plano, TX
Leaving the boat the other day my wife said the water fill on the jabsco toilet is not adding water like it has. Before I go digging into was wondering if anybody had some timesaving advice. maybe raw water strainer? Hunter 380

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Model/approx age of the toilet? Salt/brackish water or fresh? If sea water, remote intake pump or integral? And finally...how old is the battery, and is the toilet on it own dedicated circuit shared by NOTHING else, not even cabin lights. If not, what else is on that circuit including something you've added or upgraded?
--Peggie

May 17, 2014
hunter 380 Plano, TX
i'd say its 7 yrs old, flushes fine and macerator has plenty of umph. We can fill the bowl and it sends it right out. however the inflow around the top of the bowl has evidently stopped or slowed to a crawl. Fresh water and on its own breaker with a 2yr old house battery

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
At least you answered a couple of my questions...
You said you "can fill the bowl and it sends it right out. however the inflow around the top of the bowl has evidently stopped or slowed to a crawl." Translation: the toilet works fine if we use a cup, bucket, shower head to add water to the bowl, but little or no water is getting in through the channel in the rim of the bowl.

Two most likely culprits: a clogged strainer or a buildup in that channel along with "plugs" in most of the holes in it that can either be mineral or the same stuff that's clogged your strainer.

Start with the strainer.

--Peggie

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Once upon a time we had a critter crawl into the sea water inlet and die, thus plugging the inflow of sea water. Tried to flush and all we got was bits of stinking dead stuff. Used a city water hose to blow out the debris and all has been fine since. Just a suggestion. No sea water strainer for the head flushing, just a straight line to the toilet.

May 17, 2014
hunter 380 Plano, TX
all fixed up!! We had a freeze and i had shut the thru hull, I still need to bring the hose down and just flush the lines out. Not all the holes around the bowl are letting water out but it is refilling now