Lost Prop

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LA1

Some how (not sure)lost the prop on my Lancer 30 (Yanmar 2GM). Dove under the boat, the shaft looks OK, turns in Neutral and locks in F & R. Looking for prop size information. Any manuals will be helpful. Thanks.

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
I think your best bet

Is to find the correct prop size for your engine, not your boat. I think you could go to any site that services/sells Yanmar motors they will have correct prop sizes for the 2GM.

I haven't seen a manual for the 30, but you can find data on the boat if you don't have any. Just click on the Boat Info and select Lancer then 30. Or... click on the link below.

Good luck

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
It is a combination

Clearance against the bottom of the hull is important, not only because you don't want to hit the hull, but the distance affects performance as well. If you contact one or more of the big prop manufacturers, such as Michigan, they can likely help you out. Another thing you need to know is which direction forward is for that engine. Each prop is specified by size, pitch and rotation (L or R). It sounds like you lost your prop nut to electrolysis. Was the zinc on the shaft still?

Status
Not open for further replies.