lost my tohatsu lanyard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 20, 2011
1974 Macgregor 22 SoCal - dry storage
the mac 22 sailboat I bought recently came with a 6 hp 4 stroke tohatsu outboard, but I lost the red lanyard in the process. can this be homemade or do i need to purchase it? what's the cheapest place I can buy this?

thx

Oct 13, 2007
Hunter 37.5 Plattsburgh
I guess you could fabricate or whittle a piece of wood or plastic that would keep the dead mans switch pulled out so motor would start.
To me it's not worth the time as you can buy one perhaps at your marinas store for about $15

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Or bypass the kill switch.. If it is normally open and the lanyard shorts the terminals, connect the wirres together and you are done.. If it is normally closed and the lanyard opens the circuit, remove one wire fromm the switch and you are done.. Most states don't require a kill switch on sailboats , but check before ya hot wire it.

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 37 C sloop Punta Gorda FL
I lost mine on a cruise. Had a pair of needle nosed vice grips in my tool bag. Clamped them on till i could get a replacement.

zeehag

Mar 26, 2009
1976 formosa 41 yankee clipper santa barbara. ca.(not there)
i used a length of parachute cord i found on the glorietta bay launch dock.....free n easy. (navy SEAL team issue, various lengths left occasionally--always a good find.)

Oct 26, 2005
- - Satellite Beach, FL.
A nylon zip tie of the appropriate width works and use the choke to kill the motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.