Looking to purchase a Catalina 310

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2011
Catalina 22 Chesapeake Bay
Hello Catalina 310 Owners,

After spending several months checking out various sailboats, I've concluded that the 310 is the right boat for me. If you (or anyone you know) is thinking of selling, please let me know. Ideally, I'd like a furled main and air conditioning. I sail on the Chesapeake Bay, so a boat located on the East Coast is best.

I've enjoyed reading the posts on this forum, and I hope to soon be a fellow Catalina 310 owner!

Bob Fay
Rockville, Maryland

CCHer

Jul 7, 2010
Beneteau 37 Cranes Creek, VA
The 310 is the best compromise between price, quality, creature comforts and sailing qualities that I found in over a year of boat shopping. I worked with John Middleton, a broker at Sail Annapolis. It was the height of the buyers market-maybe still is or better-when I bought the boat last May, a 2005 with air and furling main. After finding the particular boat John did a good job convincing the sellers my offer was market and had great patience in going through all the systems to make sure I understood them. Moving from a fairly simple 1976 boat there was a lot of new stuff to know. I'm on Cranes Creek, 7 miles South of Smith Point-hoping to see you out on the Bay in your new 310.

Sep 29, 2008
Catalina 310 #185 Quantico
Check Tidewater as well

I like John Middletown as he is very knowledgeable about boats, but wound up buying from Bill Sawyer up in Tidewater as we were looking in his yard at 320's and after talking to him and telling him our likes and dislikes, we looked again at the 310's and bought one that was in his yard. Can't go wrong with either guy. I like the guy Carl in Deltaville, but have never done business with him.

gpd955

Feb 22, 2006
Catalina 310 Cape May, NJ
If you have no luck with the others, Tony Tumas at Great Blue Yachts in Balto is top notch too. Very knowledgeable and helpful. Class act and will go out of the way to make you happy.

Www.greatblueyachts.com

Good luck with your hunt. Just bought ours in July and couldn't be happier with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.