Looking to buy Sirocco 15 sailboat 1970s

Aug 18, 2016
Catalina 30 mkII 5917 Muskegon, MI
Hi All, Calling on all trailer sailors in my search for a decent condition example of a boat I enjoyed in the 1980s as a teenager. It was a 1970s Sirocco 15 in the state of Michigan. Maybe someone on here may have seen one or know of one. Thank you
713B5540-C8F5-4088-8801-D5049C5518EB.jpeg

Jun 14, 2021
Hunter 31 Buffalo NY
Hi Megaro,
I still have mine. It's a great little boat. Forty-one years ago it drew me into the vortex known as sailing. Several boats later it still holds a place in my psyche. It's light enough to be pulled by a small vehicle. Visited many of the Finger Lakes and places along Lakes Erie and Ontario. A small cuddy cabin and boom tent mean you can camp with it anywhere. Easy to set up and launch in less than half an hour single handed. Positive floatation. Turtled it once and was able to easily right it after getting the center board up out of the trunk with a little difficulty. It came equipped with a 1.5 HP air cooled, noisy gas engine which I came to hate after it fouled when I needed it most to get back into the mouth of the Niagara River. I would have deep sixed it if I wasn't across from the USCG station. I soon replaced it with an electric trolling motor, much better (precursor to EV's.)

Here's a video of one sailing in the Everglades Challenge, looks like fun.

The more you learn, the more you know you need to learn....