Looking for used bow pulpit for a 1983 CAL 35 MKII

jssailem

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
BowRoller6.jpegBowRoller5.jpegBowRoller4.jpegBowRoller1.jpegBowRoller2.jpegBowRoller3.jpegNot sure what you need or deisre.This is the bow roller off my 1974 Cal35Cruiser.
I removed the rollers. Before I found replacements I came across a deal from Mantus and replaced the bow roller. It is my storage. I'll donate it to you if you pay shipping.

Jun 23, 2024
CAL MKII Rock Hall
Very generous! Thank you; however, I have a CAL 35 built by Jenson in the 80’s….same name, very different boat from the Cal’s of the 70’s. Again, thank you.

Jun 23, 2024
CAL MKII Rock Hall
maybe some clarification is required….my bow rail (1” dia SST welded tubing) took a big hit and is bent up pretty good. It would be great to get my hands on (1) a used one off an old boat, or (2) a layout drawing of bow rail weldment for a CAL 35, or (3) access to another owners CAL 35 on the Cheseapeake so I can take some quick dimensions for a template.

Any help that anyone could offer me would be much appreciated.

additionally, since its a little confusing that there are several CAL models out there…..this is the boat Cal 35 - Practical Sailor

-Tim

jssailem

Oct 22, 2014
While the manufacturing group differed the hull specs and the bow pulpit look remarkably similar. I apologize for sending you the info on the bow roller. You are talking about the pulpit.
Looking at the line drawing the pulpit on the CAL 35 and my boat look like twins.
Here is my boat the 35 Cruiser
1719272259850.jpeg

Here is the CAL35 forts built in 1979. The keel is different and the cabin was changed, but the rest of the hull looks like it came from the same mold. The shape of the pulpit looks the same.

1719272409863.jpeg

Very similar specs. There are exceptions like the sail plan and the keel, but speed, beam, LWL and LOA are similar.

jssailem

Oct 22, 2014
Regarding the pulpit, I had mine remade in 2017 by a local fabrication shop. 1”stainless. The shape matched the original.

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Back in the Chesapeake
@CAL35_RockHallMD Your handle suggests you are in Rock Hall, is that correct? If correct, you are across the bay from me. I can ask around to see if anyone knows of a Cal 35 MKII nearby, if you'd like...

dj