Looking for Used 90% Jib

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Roger

I recently purchased a new main and 120% job for the San Francisco Delta region. Found out today that I could use a 90 in 25-30 mph winds. I am interested in looking into the used market due to finances. Is there a good used sail -4- sale website? What other brands of boats are compatible with the size of job I'm looking for for a Ranger26? Thanks for your help. Roger

W

Warren Milberg

Bacons

I have bought a number of used sails from Bacons over the years. See link. I have found their sails to be underrated, that is, better than I expected based on their definitions of condition. If you buy from Bacons, you can return the sail for any reason within two weeks, if it's in the same condition as when sold. You pay postage. I suppose most sail brokers have similar policies. Bacons also has an extensive online list of most boat specs. I think Bacon's prices are fair, but not great. You can do better price wise on eBay, but the risks there are much greater. I've also used The Sail Wharehouse and Atlantic Sail Traders and found them reputable. As with any purchase of used gear, you've got to know what you want and caveat emptor.

Status
Not open for further replies.