Looking for sisters to 1981 First 35

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bill Burch

I purchased a 1981 Beneteau First 35 in October. It is still 2000 miles away and will be arriving in April. I am basically looking for two things; others that have the same boat,(hopefully same year, make and model) and as much information about how to get information on this paticualar boat. I am a little concerned because I don't find any others like it for sale. Is it because they died? Or that they have proven to be soooo valuable that no one wants to let go of them. Another question is this. What does the s in 32s5 mean? Is that a First Beneteau? I just haven't figured out where to get information on my specific boat yet. It may not be that important but it seems logical that my boat will age much like others like it and that these owners may give me a heads up on what to look forward to. Any help is appreciated! Bill Burch commonwealth@lisco.com

P

Paul Wirtz

the S in First 35s5

The s in 35s5 stands for the interior designer "Stark". This series of First Beneteaus were co-designed by the Berret/Stark team. Berret designed the hull and Stark designed the interior. This series of Beneteaus all have a very unique art deco interior, fractional 7/8 rig, very large main, deep fin keel, and long spade rudder. We just completed a circumnavigation of Vancouver Island this summer, with no problems. Excellent performance. The earlier First 35 that you bought is and excellent boat. Strong hull and great sailing performance. There are a few available now and then. My friend sailed his to the Queen Charlotte Islands on the west coast of British Columbia on two occasions with no difficulty. Good Luck.

B

Brian Pickton of BeneteauOwners.net

Info

Feb .8, 2001 Dear Bill, The reality is that there is not alot of information available except from other owners. You might also want the Beneteau USA customer service number: 843-423-6459 although I have not found them very helpful. Good luck with the new boat. Brian Pickton of BeneteauOwners.net aboard The Legend, Rodney Bay, St. Lucia

Status
Not open for further replies.