Looking for O'Day 25 Trailer or similar Tandem Axle

Jul 18, 2020
Tylercraft, O'Day T-26, 25 Lake Michigan
Looking for an O'Day 25 trailer in Wisconsin area - the boats a swing keel so these are usually a tandem axle trailer. Needs to fit this beaut, who is currently stuck on a wooden cradle at the marina:

5C9326D2-0C46-4962-BD4D-71ECD198550E_1_105_c.jpeg

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Twice I have had luck finding a cheap and decent trailer that had a really crappy boat sitting on it. Try looking in Craigs List for boats and limit the max price to something like $500. Then see if you find a boat that has been collecing leaves and water in someones backyard for a dozen years. Buy it, list the boat only and offer to deliver... keep the trailer.

This trailer is one I got for $400 with a 20' mercruiser fishing boat (blown engine etc). I stripped about $300 worth of decent hardware off of the boat, sold the hull for $100 and got a free trailer in the offing. I had to add some risers and skids but in the end, I had a decent trailer for less than $500 in custom parts. I now have a Rhodes 22 sitting on this trailer.
trailer3.jpg
trailer4.jpg

Jul 18, 2020
I'll be done with this home built trailer around April 15th or later, I used it to haul boat home for 2 year restore project,, That's a Hunter 27 on it ,,,way too heavy for this trailer , but it's only 2 mile to boatyard and I have the original cradle there so I don't need this trailer
That looks perfect, you could put me down as a sure thing. I'm currently living in La Crosse so I'm not very far away

Jul 18, 2020
He has a shoal keel. This would probably require a crane/lift to get the boat on or off but hey, if you're giving it away it might be worth it
True, but looks like the cradle arms are adjustable at least within some range

Jul 18, 2020
here is a photo I found on the web, it shows where the pads would be,,, Are you planning on launching very time as in trailer sailor? Because swivel pads won't work,, have to have long bunks. and v rollers... caption said it was an 84 oday 25
I have access to a crane no matter which lake I use (mendota or michigan) then i'll get a mooring for the season and crane back out end of season. Was thinking this trailer could work well for a matter of years in that scenario. My O'Day is a1975.

Jul 18, 2020
Just came into contact with someone offering this trailer with a price, he says it's a non swing keel oday 25 and that the draft is 2.25 feet, mine is a swing keel with 2.25 feet draft. Think this one will work? Seems like it's got to.

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 2.47.14 PM.png