Looking for cabinet and door latches for '97 Beneteau Oceanis 381

Nov 2, 2012
Beneteau Oceanis 381 Ventura
Looking for cabin door latch hardware and also the finger hole push latches on the salon cabinets. Anyone know where these could be found? Or even an aftermarket replacement?

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Welcome to the forum!!

Can you please photos of what you are looking to replace since there are so many options available, particularly for cabin door latch hardware? As far as a finger hole push latch I replaced one on a previous sailboat but cannot remember the hardware description or source. Could it be an "elbow catch" like these: Elbow Catch - Sea-Dog Line | Fisheries Supply?

Nov 2, 2012
thanks for the replies neither of those are the latches i have, there is a round hole you put your finger in and it pusheda round plastic lever releasing the latch, the spring and where it catches is what fails. as far as the cabin doors they are mortise latches im told but again no manufacturer, i will update with photos when i return to the boat. here is another posters photo of the mortise latches
Latch.jpg

• Helpful

JRacer

Aug 9, 2011
Beneteau 310 Cheney KS (Wichita)
Finger hole plastic parts can be had from Beneteau Parts. I bought a fistful, just in case!

Can you fabricate a new spring from wire? Does not look too complex. Correct wire and application of heat can make it mailable to wind around a post.

Nov 2, 2012
Finger hole plastic parts can be had from Beneteau Parts. I bought a fistful, just in case!

Can you fabricate a new spring from wire? Does not look too complex. Correct wire and application of heat can make it mailable to wind around a post.
thanks trying to get access spareparts at beneteau waiting on them now