looking for a salvaged Catalina 22 keel

Aug 12, 2010
Catalina 22 Mark 1 Thunderbird Lake
A friend's 1998 Catalina Sport lost her keel. It was her second time out on a boat she had just purchased. I thinking about helping her rebuild the swing keel and replace the one that was lost. Any ideas on where we can find a 95 or newer Catalina keel?

• Wow
Sep 15, 2016
Catalina 22 Minnesota
The Sport keels are fiberglass encased and I have never seen a salvage one as of yet since the design is so new. Best bet is to call Catalina and order one up I suppose. How did you loose such a new keel? If the cable snapped the pin would hold it and if the pin broke the cable would keep it attached?

One other option is to contact your local Catalina 22 fleet. There are a number of racers and sailors active in OK that often have parts. I know its a long shot but worth a try.

May 22, 2020
Catalina 22 Iowa
I would be interested in knowing how the keel was lost, as well.

Good luck on the search for parts.

VFR750

Oct 18, 2021
Catalina 22 Sport Noank
If it was built in 1998 it is not a Sport. The Sport was introduced in 2004. It should be a MKII.

They both use the fiberglass encased lead keel. The only difference is there are two attachment points for the cable. The Sport uses the forward point.

Since Catalina is still making the Sport, you should be able to get one, brand new, that will fit the MKII