Looking for a 235

Oct 28, 2013
Hunter 20 Lake Monroe
Looking for a 235 in the southern IN area or within a 4 hour drive, preferably for sale, but we would be happy just to see one up close and check it out.

Thanks,
Sam

Jun 29, 2010
Beneteau First 235 Lake Minnetonka, MN
They show up here every now and then. Beneteau First 235 Forums :: Index I don't think you have to be registered to view the for sale stuff. I found mine 5 years ago on Craig's List. That would be a good place to start. Could register at the 235 forum above but, Kelly does take some time sometimes to get that dealt with. Its getting to be haul out season so, some could start going on sale soon. As I said, Craig's List would be a good place to start, possibly Sailboat Listings - sailboats for sale and even Yachts for Sale - YachtWorld.

If you have any questions about the 235, feel free to direct message me and I can answer as best I can. We have 4 of them at my yacht club so if I can't help you out I am sure I can find an answer for you. The 235 site is also a great resource. There is a Facebook group as well, could look around there.

Oct 28, 2013
Hunter 20 Lake Monroe
Many thanks. Cindy is wanting to know about the v birth, does the table drop down to make it bigger?

Thanks
Sam

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
I had hull 430, a 1992 with the forward-facing commode.. The table would raise, so drilled holes in the mast for a retaining pin. I found it in the way when up and people would bang their head when getting on the bunk.. I put a couple dinner plates on the wider end, removed the trim and shortened the table. Reinstalled the trim.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2010
Many thanks. Cindy is wanting to know about the v birth, does the table drop down to make it bigger?

Thanks
Sam
Yes it does, there is a piece of cushion that goes in front of the mast, small area. Some and I am thinking of doing this too, have fabricate a piece for behind the mast as well. We spent the night this summer on Seeker and it is just fine for two adults. Great couples boat and a great sailing boat as well.

Oct 28, 2013
Hunter 20 Lake Monroe
How about stepping the mast? Does it have a hinged mast plate? Any sort of gin pole to aid in the raising?
How do most carry the mast when trailering? Is there a mast crutch for the stern?
I have more questions but I don't want to wear everyone out.

Thanks
Sam

Nov 21, 2007
Beneteau Oceanis 34 Kingston, WA
Sign up for that First235 forum! You could spend a lifetime learning about the boat from the posts on there! It's also a great source of info on the First 285 as well!

Oct 28, 2013
Hunter 20 Lake Monroe
Sign up for that First235 forum! You could spend a lifetime learning about the boat from the posts on there! It's also a great source of info on the First 285 as well!
I found it online but it won't let me register as it says the username is already in use but I didn't even input a user name so not sure what's up with that.

Sam

Jun 29, 2010
How about stepping the mast? Does it have a hinged mast plate? Any sort of gin pole to aid in the raising?
How do most carry the mast when trailering? Is there a mast crutch for the stern?
I have more questions but I don't want to wear everyone out.

Thanks
Sam
The mast has a pin, but no actual hinge. We have a small crane with a winch at my club we use to step and unstep our masts with. Many people have rigged a gin pole system to do this on their own. I put a fender on the cabin top under the mast and strap it to the boat. I built a crutch out of 2x4's for the stern. At the bow it rests on the pulpit. Not very complex at all. Strap/tie it down and all good.

20190425_134748.jpg
20190425_104940.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2010
I found it online but it won't let me register as it says the username is already in use but I didn't even input a user name so not sure what's up with that.

Sam
There is a link to send Kelly your info at the bottom of the main site page.

Jul 25, 2018
O'day 19 MK-II Weekender Narragansett Bay
Hey cb,
Unrelated question, but how much water do you need to ramp launch your 235?

Your Seeker is a great looking boat.

Jun 29, 2010
Hey cb,
Unrelated question, but how much water do you need to ramp launch your 235?

Your Seeker is a great looking boat.
Thank you! There have been a few mods along the way. As for ramp launching I am not 100% sure, the wing keel drafts 2'9" and I know a guy at my club that uses the ramp instead of the crane. So maybe 3+ feet then?