Locating Center of Balance

Aug 14, 2011
Hunter 35.5 Legend PCYC Shediac, NB
I am putting 3 axles under my cradle to make it into a trailer. I have a 1991 Hunter Legend 35.5 with a bulb keel and need to find the center of balance. Are there any drawings or a way to locate the center. You cant assume center to be center of keel as the diesel engine is aft of that.
Any help would be appreciated
image2.jpeg

Mar 29, 2017
Hunter 30t 9805 littlecreek
Use a 4" or 3" piece of pipe jack up one side cradle put pipe under when boat tips both ways that's center you want wheels aft of center thou so you have tong weight. At least 10% more is better to avoid trailer swing

Aug 2, 2005
Pearson 33-2 & Typhoon 18 Seneca Lake
I am putting 3 axles under my cradle to make it into a trailer. I have a 1991 Hunter Legend 35.5 with a bulb keel and need to find the center of balance.
Hello Canonshooternb,
This might not be the "help" you are seeking, but I need to comment. (1) That is a big boat for trailering by anyone other than a professional who is experienced, insured, and has the appropriately manufactured equipment. (2) A trailer with hydraulic lift/support arms is what is required to pick up and move the boat unless you use a travel lift to put the boat onto a large trailer. (3) A strike or three against making a trailer out of your cradle is lack of good, secure support for the hull. Look at the picture you posted....The port forward pad does not conform to the hull; the port center pad is not in contact with the hull; the supports are low on the hull. None of those situations bode well for moving the boat! (4) The cradle was never meant for moving the boat.

Now, since I have that off my conscience, I believe you would be better served by spending the money to hire a professional. We have moved boats (a 31 Irwin, twice; a 34 Oday from Florida to Maryland; a Caliber 28 from Maryland to New York) four times. Expensive? Yes, but not as expensive as having an accident resulting in injury, death, or boat destruction. Some things are within our abilities, some are not.

Dec 23, 2016
Catalina 27 Clinton CT
Two of them are just ahead of the forward pad and behind the rear pad. The other is probably center of the keel

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Strap cradle to trailer. Make sure two straps one from bow going backwards and another from stern going forward to prevent the boat moving forward or backwards

Aug 14, 2011
Hunter 35.5 Legend PCYC Shediac, NB
Strap cradle to trailer. Make sure two straps one from bow going backwards and another from stern going forward to prevent the boat moving forward or backwards
Dave the boat is still in the water. the axles and springs will attach directly to the cradle making it into a trailer. Are there any Hunter schematics that would show center ?