Lloyd Neck Point "The Sand Hole"

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
Hello all,

Use to go in there and anchor years ago (13+) but haven't been there since. Does anybody from the Long Island / Connecticut area have any recent knowledge of how it is in terms of navigation with a 5'6" (6 with liquor) draft.

Thanks!

Greg

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Great place..... have next week off and everywhere is empty after labor day especially during the week. Looking for nice anchorages close by..... LI or CT

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
We were there in beef stew season. Probably got my wife to consider buying a keelboat. We were sailing a rental out of Oyster Bay. I think it was a Hunter 27.

Jun 11, 2011
Hunter 41 Lewes
Was there last year and for years before that. It does get crowded and the new nastyness is they have sunk moorings. Less and less enjoyable, in season, each year.

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Was there last year and for years before that. It does get crowded and the new nastyness is they have sunk moorings. Less and less enjoyable, in season, each year.
What do you draw...... yea once they start adding moorings all goes to hell. Sort of like poet Jefferson pirates cove and outside conscience bay. When I was young only anchors

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Expect to see more moorings. Government officials believe they are more environmentally friendly. Not to mention the fees - but to be fair the fees may not even cover the costs.

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
In my opinion once you get massive moorings you have assholes dumping shit in the water and ruining the solitude. I find anchorages much more peaceful...... people just wanting to have fun and relax.