List to starboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
Bill re-phase your question!

Do ALL Hunters List to Starboard! Our 1985 H'31 does.

B

Barry

YES they DO

Batteries, water heater, holding tank,... lots of heavy stuff on that side. Filling the port water tank helps. Mine always lists - there's always 100 cold beers on that side too. Put the fat guy on the port side! Barry

R

Richard Wallace

Mine Does

This has come up several times on this forum and everyone with a 34 seems to agree. There is no way that the accessories have any real influence on the list. If you have both water tanks full, (60 gallons, 480 pounds) and an empty holding tank, and only a half tank of fuel, it still lists to the starboard side. The only possible explanation is that the keel is somehow mounted slightly to the starboard side of the hull. The keel and keel trunk on mine line up so it is apparently a design issue.

B

Bill

100 beers

Thanks guys, I feel better now, and I like your idea Barry.

J

jim oursler

34s listing to starboard.. yep they all do.

I am now into year 3 of ownership. Listing is stable and has been discussed many times in this forum..

C

Carl and Juliana Dupre

Hunter MUST design......

...their boats this way! We swear that our brand new H340 (GREAT test sail this weekend! Yahoo!!) tilts a couple of degrees to starboard. Oh, well; we know how to solve that problem; we will install the wine tank on the port side. Carl and Jule s/v "Syzygy"

R

Randy Tureck

Extra wieght on port?

My 34 lists to starbord and I was considering putting about 200 pounds of lead shot on the port side, up high in the storage compartments where it could do the most good. Are all of you saying don't waste my time, it can't be corrected?

E

Eric Lorgus

The 54 lists to starboard, also

So maybe it is a common Hunter trait. On the 54, tankage is probably the culprit. The lone fuel tank (75 gal.)is under the stbd. quarter berth, as is the a/c compressor. I also store the winch handles on stbd. side. For balance, I try to keep as much beer on board as will fit in the frig (port side, obviously). Randy, I definitely wouldn't add 200 lb. "up high" in the boat to level it. I try to keep my boat as light as possible. Think about stbd tack. Your extra 200 lbs will aggravate the normal heel.

Sep 24, 1999
Hunter H46LE Sausalito

my 410 lists to starboard when the fuel tank is less than half full. As a corrective, I store my dink in the port lazarette, mount the outboard on the port pushpit, added a 4D battery in the port bilge, and store all tools in the port seatee. Problem solved. (Wonderblond thought that an easier solution would have been to remove all beer from the refer. SHEEESH!)

Status
Not open for further replies.