lifeline stanchions

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

harold neft

Does anyone know the fastening detail for the lifeltne stanchions? The two inboard bolts are visible from under the deck (if you strip back the headliner fabric) but the outboard bolts are not visible--- are they maybe lag bolts that screw into the hull deck joint construction ? I have to remove the stanchions so that I can rebed them in 3m .And would like some info before I proceed. Thanks Harold Neft(bald eagle)

R

Rod Johnson,

D&R Marine

Try calling Rudy at D & R Marine (508) 644-3001 or www.drmarine.com he has a lot of O'Day info, and was the Parts Dept. Manager for O'Day. I also have added a link to the O'Day unofficial Owners Web site, there are a few 28 owners there as well, or try the O'Day-List on SailNet.

D

David C. Hirtle

Lifeline Stanchions

Good Morning, You will find if you reach your finger in the area where the stanchions are through bolted, they are there. You may have to cut a small piece of the glassed area just under the cloth)to access the other set of bolts. I had to do this simple procedure on both my 28' and my 31' O'day. Caution! do not overtighten. Snug will do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.