Lewmar Port Leaks Two piece old style

Jan 27, 2015
Beneteau 321 lake City
Dryness at last. Thanks for all the posts here and many options to fix my leaking 1998 two part Lewmars. Fixes ranged from pulling them out to replacing seals. One post however, talked about a design flaw that Lewmar corrected when they went to one piece units. My ports have two aluminum pieces outside and a small silicon bead between them. That was pretty much gone and I decided it would do no harm to try filling that back up before ripping out seals. Well, it worked and the boat is dry as a bone. I did start using 303 rubber seal protector $11 (little bottle with a sponge applicator on top) and will use that to keep the rubber in good condition. I hope this helps those with the same problem, it may not cure your problem but it may be a step closer. Good sailing.

Attachments

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Do you have other pictures of your port lights that you can show? Our 1991 Lewmar port light lenses have become crazed over the years and I'm working with Lewmar on replacements. I gave them our dimensions for the large and small ones, but they would like pictures in order to determine whether they have lenses in stock. Our large ones have four hinges and the small has two, each with locking levers.