Lewmar forward hatch handle has come off and there is slight cracking on the lense around the hole.

Jul 4, 2023
Catalina 30 MKii Burlington
Our Lewmar forward hatch handle has come off and there is slight cracking on the lense around the hole. Any troubleshooting ideas?

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Welcome to the site. Many people here have Lewmar hatches on Hunters and Cats. Some of them like myself have cut and installed new lenses in their hatches as well.

You'll have to supply pictures so we can see whether the locking handle has broken or is missing parts. Also the pics might show which model the hatch is unless you can let us know. The model number should be very lightly etched on the lens.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
The go to people for hatch repairs is Hatchmasters. They will have repair parts and can replace the lens which, if cracked, should be replaced. High quality work, not inexpensive. They replaced the lenses on 2 of my hatches along with the gaskets.

Apr 8, 2010
Ericson Yachts Olson 34 28400 Portland OR
While considering your alternatives you might want to get a bid for a new hatch replacement. If yours is one of the 80's "role stop" hinge series, the newer version has a superior hinge with a different friction mechanism to hold up the hatch. (Our boat has a Lewmar size 70 and a size 20, and over the decades I have replaced both of them with new ones. )