Legendary Libations

Apr 24, 2010
Hunter 26 Pueblo Reservoir
We sail in a reservoir so always on the lookout for incoming prairie dust up or similar Captain's log worthy entry "what I learned about that". I enjoy an evening long sip of whiskey/bourbon in a shot glass.., the Captain enjoys light beer on the water and a bourbon in the slip. I hear Yuengling is coming west with the merger of Molson/Coors purchase. My slip mate would pass a cold vodka/grapefruit juice across in the morning, good memories.

Jul 5, 2011
Oday 28 Madison, CT
It was my home made Sangria, but after my wife started calling it "bilge cleaner", I went to GT's, but these days only after we tie up or drop anchor.

Oct 30, 2017
Catalina c 27 Lake Pueblo
Bourbon.
I do prefer 1 block of ice.

my wife gets more creative. She likes tequila in her drinks.

May 30, 2006
Oday 34 Chesapeake Bay
Original Margarita recipe. 2 parts Tequila, 1 part Cointreau 1/2 fresh lime. Shaken with ice and poured over a glass of ice.

Apr 24, 2010
Hunter 26 Pueblo Reservoir
We sail on a reservoir so always on a lookout for sudden prairie dustups and other cringe worthy events. Captain has light beer but we enjoy bourbon/whiskey in slip. Our slipmates would hand over a red grapefruit/vodka beverage on Sunday mornings, good memories. I read yuengling was mergered with molson/coors recently, hopeful for distribution in the west.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Margarita’s on the rocks, the medicinal benefits of a good Gin&Tonic (FeverTree Elderflower), and aged Bourbon-Scotch-Rum your choice neat or a single rock, fine complex red wine, a bright Pinot Gris / Sauterne chilled - paired with great food; all of these can tempt me to forego sobriety and enjoy a libations. :biggrin:

Lazy1

Aug 23, 2019
Catalina 22 13425 A driveway in Pittsburgh
not during sailing but after sailing... what ever is available!
Maybe a 50/50 CN whiskey/water on ice

Bob R.

Jun 5, 2004
Marlow-Hunter 40 Pasadena, MD
I keep a bottle of gin, a bottle of tequila and a bottle of Captain Morgan spiced on board. We keep the tonic water, margarita mix, Yuengling and Corona in the Yeti ice chest. The Admiral prefers the the margaritas and Corona, I prefer the gin & tonic and Yeungling. If we are hosting happy hour for a raft-up I may bring an assortment of rum and make a pitcher of Mai Tai's. The alcohol never gets opened until the anchor is set or dock lines secure and the sail in the bag.

Sep 25, 2018
Catalina Capri 22 Capri EXPO 14.2 1282 Stony Point
Yeungling was available in California for a few years in the 90's. When they built the new brewery in PA they shut off California as demand clearly outstripped supply in the East and wouldn't catch up til the new brewery was in operation. They never went back, I guess because demand in the East still outstrips supply after the new brewery. As long as it's available in NJ, I'm good..

Sep 25, 2019
CATALINA C27 Lk Norman NC
Growing up, my parents always had sherry on board their "townie" , so that is a smell I associate with sailing. I try to keep a bottle of either " Bristol Creme" or " Shooting Sherry" from Harvey's. Trouble is, don't get much mileage out of them bottles. :-(

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Yeungling was available in California for a few years in the 90's. When they built the new brewery in PA they shut off California as demand clearly outstripped supply in the East and wouldn't catch up til the new brewery was in operation. They never went back, I guess because demand in the East still outstrips supply after the new brewery. As long as it's available in NJ, I'm good..
We can get it in Indiana now!
...for about a year now.

Greg