Led strip light upgrade Hunter 34

Jan 24, 2017
Hunter 34 Toms River Nj
Installed new led (red,green,blue) rgb strip lighting with multi functional remote in cabin and cockpit. I wanted to give more ambiance low voltage light in the cabin and cockpit. This upgrade was fairly easy to do after I came up with my game plan.
Strip lighting is very easy to install. Led strip light has markings approximately every 2-4 inches where it can be cut to size and wired to the power transformer that comes with the kit. Cut strips to length and pealed off self stick adhesive and stuck the strip to the fiberglass head liner just along the area where the jib traveler track is bolted thu the deck. Wired power transformer from 12 volt directional cabin light that is attached to fiberglass deck stringer. Repeated this on both sides of main cabin. I did the same in the v-berth and aft quarter berth along the head liner using a 12 volt cabin light as the transformer power supply. The new led strip lighting amazingly draw about the same power as one of the two bulb cabin lights.
The new lighting worked out great! The multifunction remote allows you to choose approximately 20-30 colors and light intensity.
Installed the led strips under all the lazarettes in cockpit as accent light. I like to use the red color function while out sailing because it's easer on you eyes.
This was a great project for approximately $40.00 per kit on Amazon, total project cost was approximately $120.00. I was truly amazed how much light you get from led lights vs a standard 12 volt bulb. Also was amazed by how little voltage led uses, roughly 75% less.

Jan 24, 2017
Hunter 34 Toms River Nj
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Here are some of the pics of the 12 volt led light strip up grade in the v-berth, main cabin, and cockpit.

splax

Nov 12, 2012
Hunter 34 Portsmouth
Thanks. I really like the indirect effect in the cockpit.