LectraSan voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John Rollins

I am getting a low voltage (red light blinking and must reset) warning when using my LectraSan. Does anybody have any solutions? Thanks, JR

P

Peggie Hall/Head Mistress

The answer is in the owners manual

If you don't have one, you can download and print one from the Raritan website at http://www.raritaneng.com Depending upon whether the light is blinking slowly (about 1 blink per second), or fast (about two blinks/second), it can mean any of several things...from as simple as a blown fuse or dirty electrodes (cleaning instructions are also in the manual, and you don't have to take it apart to do it), to a bad battery or damaged control. If you can't trouble shoot and fix it yourself, or if you need parts, call Raritan on Monday--800-352-5630 x 2.

J

John Rollins

maintenence

Thanks Peggy. I cleaned the systems with muratic acid and all seems to be fine. I shall start doing this perhaps every 6 months. Thanks, JR

P

Not necessary, John...

How quickly the electrodes become encrusted has a lot to do with water temperature...the warmer the water, the more "salts" are suspended in it. Lectra/San owners in FL, south TX etc do have to give it the muriatic acid bath about 4-6 months to keep it working properly, but SF Bay is pretty cold...you shouldn't have to do it more than once a year, and I'd wait for till the blinking light tells you it needs it if it were mine, 'cuz it's a cure, not preventive maintenance. However, you can prevent it--or at least slow it way down--by putting a cupful or two--no more--of white vinegar down the head once a week when it can sit in the system for at least several hours....it can stay in the system forever without harming anything, but it needs time to work, so you can put it down the toilet when you close up the boat at the end of the weekend. White vinegar dissolves urine crystals and sea water calcium carbonates in both the head discharge hose and in the L/S--so you prevent two problems at once, and it won't harm the electrodes.

J

John Rollins

LektrSan Voltage

Peggy, Thanks again for another tip. I shall do the white vinegar treatment. Upon returning to the boat the low voltage (red light blinking) has reocurred. I am somewhat certain that for whatever reason the unit is not getting the proper voltage. This weekends project. I shall advised as to the outcome. Thanks, JR

P

I think it's time to talk to Raritan, John...

If you've given it muriatic acid bath and you're still getting a blinking light, there could be several reasons why it's not getting enough voltage. Give 'em a call at 800-352-5630 x 2 and talk to Vic Willman. There's been a little turnover in the rest of the techs recently, but Vic is the tech services manager, been there 25 years...you're 100% certain to get the right answers the first time from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.