Learning to Sail

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dave

My wife and I took a ten day Learn to Sail Charter Course at Florida Yacht Charters in Miami. It was a couple of years ago, but we're really hooked. Unfortunately we haven't had many opportunities to sail since then.You know the old story, something just always came up. Could anyone reccommend a way to work on maintaining or at this point relearning a few sailing skills. We're located in Upstate NY and would love an opportunity to get out once in a while. Thanks much

W

Warren

Yacht Club

Suggest you consider joining a yacht club...you don't say where you are in Upstate New York(?) I was a member of the Chelsea Yacht Club in the Mid-Hudson Valley...If your in that area see their web site. Otherwise, visit any local boat yard or marine store, I'm sure they can direct you to a nearby yacht club.

K

Ken Palmer

Places in the Rochester area

Last week I included several clubs giving sailing lessons to non-member adults, on my website LakeOntarioSailing.com. This information was researched by the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle newspaper. The link to this information is listed in the "Related Link" below. Ken Palmer, S/V Liberty

L

Larry

Keep your skills up

Dave; Buy a small trailerable, a Vanguard 15 or a Lido 15, or join a sailing club. You get the use of a lot of boats for not a lot of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.