leaky O'day 192

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Warren Baldwin

I have a leak which I can't seem to find the source. It takes in about a bucket of water every two days.Someone told me that after 10 years or so some fitting connected with the centerboard leaks. Any ideas and ways to diagnois and fix would be greatly appreciated

B

Ben Allen

Leak Detecting

Warren, Any boat that is leaking a bucket of water every couple of days needs to be fixed. It could be coming from any number of sources. Every opening in the deck or hull is a potential source for a leak, (hatches, cleats, winches, thru-hulls, etc.) If you have a leak in the center of the deck, and your boat has a liner, the water may not exit for several feet or yards. One method for finding leaks is to take a piece of chalk and draw a line around the interior of your hull, if any water is running down, it will take the chalk with it. It is also probably time to start rebedding most everything on the deck to ensure a dry boat down the road. Ben Allen Montgomery, AL "Wahoo" OD 26

M

mike spikoski

leaks

regarding your leak. on my oday i have found and corrected one leak coming from the genny sheet track , i dont know if this was standard or an add on, but i found a considerable amount of water coming in. removed and re-chaulked with 5200. another source of water was the cockpit scupper, i found it to be cracked ,barely noticeable, replaced and chaulked it

Status
Not open for further replies.