Leaks at the Bow Pulpit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 24, 2009
Catalina 310 Sturgeon Bay, WI
I have been chasing leaks one by one all summer. :cussing: Minor ones, but any leak is a bad leak as winter moves in. I have cut access windows for wrenches, and traced forward. I believe my last leak is coming from the attachment point of the bow pulpit. Where is the access to the underside of the mounting? I have removed panels, and cannot find a pattern of three bolts? :confused: Are these set in a plate? Is access to the forward most set through the anchor locker? Do I need to cut an access port to re-bed these? :eek:
Maybe someone from Catalina reads these and knows the construction sequence and how I get to them?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Aug 24, 2009
Paul,

How do you get access? Is this through that little 3" screw port? Can you even see the forward vertical support attaching point for the bow pulpult? Thanks for the photos..

paulj

Mar 16, 2007
Catalina 310 Anacortes,Wa
Long Story

This is the access to the bow area.

Good Luck

What can I say...... but maybe you have a grandson with long skinny arms .....he also climbs the mast.

edit....the picture of the kite should have been a picture of my grandson on the mast.....now I can't find the right picture.:confused:

paulj :troll:

Attachments

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2009
I was afraid you were going to say that was the access... Thought of adding some more, (access ports) but they don't give you any place to do so. My grandson is only 2, don't think I can wait that long before I fix the leak... thanks for getting back to me. Hope your feeling better, and just how long is that kite your flying?

Sep 29, 2008
Catalina 310 #185 Quantico
A whole new meaning ...

I was afraid you were going to say that was the access... Thought of adding some more, (access ports) but they don't give you any place to do so. My grandson is only 2, don't think I can wait that long before I fix the leak... thanks for getting back to me. Hope your feeling better, and just how long is that kite your flying?
to tell PaulJ to go fly a kite. :snooty:

paulj

Mar 16, 2007
Catalina 310 Anacortes,Wa
The kite picture was taken at a marina park in Bellingham, Wa.
There where two guys flying kites at the park....I think this was the Secret Service guy flying this kite. His hobby was kite building.
He had out approx 375 feet in a 5 knot wind...just amazing.

How much would he sell it for..............$4500.

The question is what kind of kite is this called?

paulj :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.