Leaking galley faucet

Sep 13, 2021
Catalina Capri 26 280 Lake Jacomo
My manual pump galley faucet is leaking at the arm. Does anyone have a link or specific brand they know fits the H240, or know what parts I'd need to repair it?

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Does anyone have a link or specific brand they know fits the H240, or know what parts I'd need to repair it?
Yes, if I were a psychic I could probably recommend a repair kit. Please supply the make and model off the pump body.

Remember, this is a boat and not a car. Identical boats in the same run will have different parts depending on availability at the time.

Jun 12, 2021
Hunter 240 Aqualand Marina, Lake Lanier
This is the one that was on my '98 H240. TMC Self Priming Water Galley Rocket Hand Pump Faucet FO-742-1
Mine had a broken barb to thread fitting on the bottom that I was able to replace. The pump would not hold a seal but rather than replace it I added a check valve in the waterline to the pump.
If you need a replacement fitting for the bottom of the hand pump the part is:
Lowes
3/8-in x 3/8-in dia Barbed Barb x FIP Adapter Fitting
Item #877079 Model #BHB-298NLB

Attachments

Sep 13, 2021
Catalina Capri 26 280 Lake Jacomo
This is the one that was on my '98 H240. TMC Self Priming Water Galley Rocket Hand Pump Faucet FO-742-1
Mine had a broken barb to thread fitting on the bottom that I was able to replace. The pump would not hold a seal but rather than replace it I added a check valve in the waterline to the pump.
If you need a replacement fitting for the bottom of the hand pump the part is:
Lowes
3/8-in x 3/8-in dia Barbed Barb x FIP Adapter Fitting
Item #877079 Model #BHB-298NLB
Awesome information! That looks just like ours. Thanks, Pat!

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Usually, the seal where the handle goes through is a small rubber o-ring. It can sometimes be reached by removing the bottom and getting the piston and linkage off of the handle. I had a very similar handpump on my old Spirit 23..

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
Personally, I'd throw that thing away and install a foot pump. Then you can wash both hands at once and save lots of water.