Leak in bilge

Apr 15, 2014
Catalina 30 mkII Marblehead
My 1987 C-30 started leaking water into the bilge. The leak seemed to be coming from an area on the starboard side towards the rear of the bilge compartment, where there is some sort of fitting just under the cabin sole. The leak stopped (or slowed considerably) when I closed the sea cock to the head-- which is nowhere near this spot.

Any thoughts on what may be causing this leak and how to fix? I am considering putting some epoxy around the area but not sure if that will stop the leak or just divert it.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
...where there is some sort of fitting just under the cabin sole.
Specificity would be a lot more help here. It would be hard to understand how slathering anything without knowing where the leak originates from would help.

There are many ways to find leaks: talcum powder, paper towels, water soluble pens/markers, etc.

Find the leak first, then decide how to repair it.

You actually have to play detective. :)

Smells, sounds, leaks and electrical questions without wiring diagrams are almost impossible to help with on the internet.

Good luck.

Jimm

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 33.5 Bodkin Creek - Bodkin YC
My 1987 C-30 started leaking water into the bilge. ........

Any thoughts on what may be causing this leak and how to fix? I am considering putting some epoxy around the area but not sure if that will stop the leak or just divert it.
Are you in salt or fresh water? Which is the leak? I've been tracing my fresh water leak for a couple months - not easy to find...... intermittent. Have tried paper toweling and talc to isolate source. Be persistent :)