Launch and incentives

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dolly G

Welcome to the launching of the HSA-1 discussion forum! This forum is hosted by SailboatOwners.Com as a courtesy to our club. It has the look and feel of other forums on SailboatOwners.com and HOW (major modifications to specialize it for HSA-1 are beyond our capabilities at the moment). This forum has links TO other forums and areas of SailboatOwners.Com but there are no links FROM anywhere else to this forum except via the HSA-1 site. To start things off, I would like to start a discussion of ways in which we can increase interest in serving as a club officer and increase participation as raft captain. It seems to me that too much arm-twisting is required in both areas. Some suggestions: waive membership fees for club officers; give each officer a t-shirt or polo shirt (or even a cap) with the HSA-1 logo, office, and year; likewise give first-time raft captains a shirt with logo and raft captain label; another shirt, with a gold star or some such device, would be given out for leading 5 rafts.

L

Loverly

Incentives

Nice work getting this forum up and running. I agree there is an ongoing need to get fresh participation in the running of the club. I don't agree that incentives are the way to go. It leads to people stepping up for the wrong reasons and could present problems when folks get their reward and then don't fulfill their job in a satisfactory manner. We need to get members involved by convincing them that their participation makes the club a more interesting and worthwhile organization for everyone.

Oct 3, 2005
Catalina 387 Hampton, VA
cool, now we have a place to reach everyone.

I was wondering what the status of any events for us lower bay members? The latest would be a 2 1/2 hour drive from our house, so it is a bit of a ride. Any get together information would be great. Thansk

Status
Not open for further replies.