Lancer Model Number

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ1946

Aug 20, 2007
Catalina C-30 Port Orchard
removehtml]Does anyone know which Lancer 28 model number POGPS28 is. I've been looking for sails an I didn't realize how many different model numbers of Lancer 28s there wereError: Error: expected [/URL], but found [/removehtml] instead[/removehtml]

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Where did you find that number?

Probably the best thing to do, initially, is measure your current sails. That will give you the IEJP values to help find new/used sails if that is what you want.

RJ1946

Aug 20, 2007
On the Title

On the title and regestration of the boat. The only thing the previous owner told me is that it was a Lancer 28 shallow draft

Feb 17, 2006
OK...

Haven't seen that type of number before. Wonder if it is registration number. Find the Hull Identification Number. It should be on the transom, starboard side, near the top. It will begin with LYP or LYA, depending on where the boat was made. That will tell you the model of the boat. I have some info on the 28, not much, I can send it to you if you want. Just send me an email via this site and I will send it straight away.

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
Need to measure yourself

That won't help you. You need to make the measurements yourself, especially if you have roller furling, as furlers are often owner installed, leading to different sail luff lengths due to variance in foil length. See attached link. A big difference for the L28, is probably the same as observed for the L25. The older boats have the mast further back with a compression post in the cabin. The Mark V L25's have the mast further forward (J=8 feet vs. ~10)with no compression post. It is not required as the mast step is closer or over the bulkhead. I had a jib damaged in a storm and spent a lot of time looking for used. Just a thought...I am reasonably sure the rig for the L28 is identical the the L25...I really miss all the info on the original lancerowners site. If so, the dimensions of a Catalina 25 sail are similar from a height perspective, only due to my much smaller J, a 100% jib for a Catalina 25 would be a 145% genoa on my boat! The cloth would be too heavy though...but if I was desperate... Bob

RJ1946

Aug 20, 2007
LYP28

Thanks for the information, the number and gross weight were under the V birth along with another registration number. Any information you have on the 28 would be appreciated, thank you. Do you know anything about getting to or sealing the ballast without destroying the sole. Ive been told to go to the inspection or drain port in the head area forward of the cabin and you can get to it there. I don't have a drain or inspection port in that area. Hope I'm not being a pest and any help is appreciated Thanks Rick

RJ1946

Aug 20, 2007
get the tape

I will measure my existing sails and go from there. They have Lancer 28 emblems all over them ,guess there original. Thanks for the input Rick

T

Tim

lancer info

hello there i was just reading a post that you made about a vin.. and you said that you have a little info on the lancers. if so do you mind sending it my way also. i just bought a L28 1978, and have absolutlly no info. anc cant seem to find any manufactors web site. thankyou tim blingg23@yahoo.com

Feb 17, 2006
TIm...

I emailed what data I had on the Lancer 28. Good luck and congratulations on the "new to you" boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.