Lancer 36 with windlass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WindDancer

I want to install a windlass on my Lancer 36, but cannot figure where to mount(forward of anchor/chain locker or aft. It doesn't appear to have room on either side(underside clearance). I am looking at Lewmar's V700(vertical) or H700 pro(horizontal). Does anyone have a windlass mounted on a 36? Can you advise? Pictures? TIA Forrest

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
Try this website

I cannot access it from work, but when searching this Lancer 36 site came up and other links mentioned they had a windlass. Best I can do for you, Bob

W

WindDancer

No response from September Sea

Hi Bob, I tried emailing September Sea sometime back, but never got an answer. Thanks for the info. Forrest

Oct 20, 2005
Lancer 36 Mission Bay-San Diego
Lancer 36 Windlass

Darren, thank you so much for the photo. That is exactly what I finally decided to do. I am using the Lewmar 1000H Pro windlass and am going to try and mount it exactly where you show. It will be a tight fit with two of the aft mounting bolts in the forward cabin locker. I see that a piece of stainless has been put down on the chain locker hatch to prevent scratching from the chain(good idea). What is the purpose of the additional piece of stainless on the port side of the locker cover? Where and what controller was used for controlling the windlass?(I don't see any foot switches) If it is in good condition, you will not be disappointed, I love mine. It is fast and easy to handle. The 36 is one of the best kept secrets of the Lancer fleet. If I can help in any way, please contact me. Thanks again for photo, it gives me confidence to proceed. Forrest

D

Darren

Lancer 36 Windlass

The windlass is controlled by a handheld remote that plugs into a receptical in the anchor locker (port side). Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.