Lancer 30 holding tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 31, 2004
1984 Lancer 30 MK 5 Lake Lanier, Ga.
I have a lancer 30 MKIV. This is not the sail drive model, but the inboard Yanmar model. I do not seem to have a waste holding tank. There is a water heater in the starboard lazarette on top of a closed in area (I don't know what that is) There is a Thetford toilet that recirculates water with deoderant in it. I can find no way to excavate the toilet except into the lake. Is there a holding tank somewhere that I cannot find? Thanks for advice! George

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
My holding tank...

On my L27 rests on top of the keel. The pump-out port is on the port side. Sorry, I don't have a L30 nor do I have any data with that info.

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
It is quite possible...

...that your boat wasn't equipped with a holding tank. It should be fairly obvious if you have traced your plumbing and nothing is apparent to you. Holding tanks are frequently stashed under vee-berths, but as I recall the 30 is an aft head layout. It sounds like you have been crawling around your engine compartment. If you don't see any apparent tanks and furthermore, don't smell any ;-) then chances are you just have an illegal overboard discharge and need to add a tank. I looked at a 1979 Cape Dory that lacked one. Fortunately the supplies to add one aren't terribly expensive. I figured it would be about $300 for a ball park estimate, with the tank about 50% of that cost. The biggest pain is in performing the proper attachments. The hose (and be sure to by the best you can find) is thick and fairly rigid, making hose onto hose bard connections (of which there will be many) a royal pain. One of the pluses of my new boat was that the owner had just installed a new head and replaced all the hoses. However, one of the first things the surveyor noted was that there was a leaking connection. Not a big plus from my Wife's perspective! Bob

Dec 31, 2004
1984 Lancer 30 MK 5 Lake Lanier, Ga.
Thanks

Thanks for the response Bob. I am making plans to have one installed. I have to believe that the water heater was put in in place of the holding tank. Who the heck needs the water heater on the lake! ! ! Just one more of the joys of sailing (One must have an occasional beer and relieve oneself)! George

Status
Not open for further replies.