lancer 25 sail deminsions

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stan Bowers

I recenlty inherited a Lancer 25. She's in pretty good shape but I noticed a few small tears in the main sail. Does anyone know the demisions of the main sail incase I have to replace it.

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Try these...

Lancer 25 designed by S. Turner I 28.50 (Headsail Luff) J 10.25 (Headsail Foot) P 24.00 (Main Luff) E 8.50 (Main Foot) Lancer 25-5 I 28.00 (Headsail Luff) J 8.00 (Headsail Foot) P 28.00 (Main Luff) E 11.00 (Main Foot) I would recommend that you take a tape measure, lay out your sails, and measure them to get the same dimensions.

Oct 9, 2007
McGregor 26 Napa, CA
Mainsail Dimentions

I agree with Brian D. -- You have an existing mainsail that I presume fits -- Measure it.

S

Stanley Bowers

Lancer sail help

Thanks for the info... I hope to be up and sailing or at least learning how to sail this Summer.

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
Words to the wise

Don't be afraid to fly your jib, even starting out, if the wind is light. The L25 in particular and indeed any sailboat, benefits from a headsail when tacking, especially in light air. I found that I could really only sail under main alone if it was blowing pretty hard (>15-20 knots). Bob

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
By the way...

...in response to your original post. I wouldn't get excited about a few small tears or invest in a new sail immediately, especially if you are new to sailing. Where are the tears? We had a few on the trailing edge near the head of the sail which my Wife sewed up. Thankfully, when we bought her a sewing machine I noticed that for a few dollars more we could get another 25 or so stitching variations, including a small zig-zag pattern useful for sail mending ;-) Don't feel bad for her though...she has a huge sewing room with a wood lined post and beam cathedral ceiling...which I had to use an extension ladder to paint. If I were you, I'd invest in some sail tape, which is adhesive backed. The stuff is quite tough and will perhaps get you through your first season for a $10 investment rather than an $1000 investment. IMO, Bob

S

Stanley Bowers

L25 General question

Thanks Bob. Sense I work at West Marine I was able to find out a lot about sailing just prior to this one falling into my lap, but I really appreciate the info. that I'm getting from people who actually own the Lancer like yourself. Any comments and advice no matter how irrelivent it may seem to you is something for me to learn. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.