Lake Tahoe MacGregor Flotilla 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bob Cassel

Here we go, a new year and a new Lake Tahoe MacGregor (and any others) Flotilla. Rob Tuson, Paul Burney and I have selected the weekend of August 8, 9 and 10, 2003. The water will be at its warmest and the winds at their usual alpine best. That means that around 2:30 or 3:00 every afternoon, the wind will blast in from the valley for some lively sailing. Remember, Lake Tahoe is a "No Two Stroke Engine" lake, one of only about four in California, so if you want to be there, you'll need a four stroke, electric troller or some nice sailing skills. Rob has an in with a fellow that has a Mac 65 on Tahoe and is making arrangements to get it to come by Emerald Bay sometime during the weekend for a visit. More information is available as time goes on, so mark those calendars, schedule the vacation and we'll see you there.

D

Doug Rodrigues

Where do you launch from?

I'll be out on the lake but probably launch from the Coast Guard Station launch ramp at the North Shore early, and then sail to Emerald Bay. The CG Station launch is the best place for anyone planning a night out on the water. Any other ramp wants you gone off their property after dark. It should be fun to see other MacGregors on the Lake.

J

Jerry

bummer dates

Needed a reason to get back to Lake Tahoe. (used to be stationed in Fallon, NV) But as school teachers, that's a bad time. Could you go earlier? Time for scuba diving? When did Tahoe change to no 2-stroke? -Jerry

D

Doug Rodrigues

Two stroke no no.

Tahoe banned two strokes for a couple of years now. The Coast Guard not only looked at the cover of my outboard, they actually read the manufactures placard to confirm that I did have a four-stroke. (and not just have the four-stroke cover placed on the outboard.) Forgot to mention: It is exactly 15 statute miles from the Coast Guard launch ramp at the north shore to the channel into Emerald Bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.