Lake St Clair on a Friday

Feb 19, 2008
Catalina Capri 18 ann arbor
Hi Friends,

we cancelled our trailer sailer trip to Tawas this weekend because of weather. We are considering a one day trip to Lake St Clair next Friday.

We had our Capri 18 in a marina on Lake St Clair a couple years ago. My memory is that on weekdays it was a good place to sail, and weekends really belong to the 50’ motor yachts.

What I don’t remember is if Friday falls into “Weekday” or “weekend.”

Is there anyone who sails those parts that might offer some advice?
We were probably thinking about the DNR boat ramp on river rd.

My thinking is that we would probably be ok if we get there about 9am and leave just as things are getting crazy around 5 or 6.

thanks in advance,

john

May 9, 2020
Hunter Legend 37 Harrison Twp, MI
Sorry to give a vague answer... but it all depends! We are on the northern end of the lake, Clinton River. Some days the weather can be so great and there is no one. Other days, the weather is great and the power-boat chop is so bad it's miserable in a small boat. Good thing about launching a small boat at the public launch on S River Rd/Clinton River is that if you head north into Anchor Bay, you usually just have to deal with the stink-boaters jetting over to Strawberry or back... after getting a little north of the river, less traffic no matter the rest of the lake.

Just my 2-cents... I say got for it and recommend Anchor Bay.