Kubota P/N for Universal M18 Starter Solenoid P/N 300538?

Feb 26, 2020
Catalina Catalina 30 Lake Hartwell, SC
I hear the Universal M18 engine is a Kubota block. What is the Kubota part number for the starter solenoid, Universal part number 300538?

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
I believe we have a brand new one in the shop. However, what makes you think it is the solenoid and not the starter?

Feb 26, 2020
Catalina Catalina 30 Lake Hartwell, SC
Thank you for the help. I jumpered the solenoid, and the starter turned over the engine. When I turn on the key switch, I can hear the fuel pump clicking. When I depress the start button, I can hear the alarm buzzer change its tone, but the engine does not turn over. What is the price for your solenoid?

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
Check the wiring leading to the solenoid. A simple voltage check can tell you if adequate voltage is reaching the solenoid to activate it.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
When I depress the start button, I can hear the alarm buzzer change its tone, but the engine does not turn over.
There's a hidden fuse in that wire from the start button to the solenoid, usually under the alternator.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Further: (click on the links for pictures)

Replace the fuse holder from the start button to the starter solenoid

Here's two of the many posts on this issue with pictures: Fused wire to Starter and Starter Solenoid Fuse Reminder

The SYMPTOMS: NOTHING happens when you hit the start key or button. Usually originally diagnosed as a bad key or button, usually it is NOT.