Kirie Elite 29

Oct 19, 2022
Kirie Elite Elite 29 Columbia, SC
Greetings all. New to the forum. Just picked up a 1985 Kirie Elite 29. Going to do a major renovation on all internal systems... electrical, plumbing, water damaged woodwork around windows, etc... Seems like a lovely boat with beautiful lines... Having trouble finding other owners... there used to be a Group on Yahoo but it shut down years ago... any insights into how to connect with other owners and/or things like owner's manuals, etc... would be greatly appreciated! I look forward to exploring these forums. Thank you!
Semper Paratus!
-Elite29Owner

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Welcome to the forum!!

The Kirie Elite Elite 29 in your Avatar is awesome!!

Oct 19, 2022
Kirie Elite Elite 29 Columbia, SC
Lol… that was awesome… a temp pic while I found a real one… nice catch.

PaulK

Dec 1, 2009
Sabre 402 Southport, CT
Those are nice boats. The Kiriés I've seen appear more carefully put together than their Beneteau cousins. Moving weight out of the cockpit (sail bags & crew amidships) might improve racing results by keeping the transom from dragging. SailboatData.com - ELITE 29 Sailboat

Feb 16, 2024
Kirie Elite 29 Charleston Sc
Hey there. Wondering how your restoration project is going? Just got an old 84 kirie elite 29 myself and trying to fix up a few things. In particular I’m having a little bit of keel corrosion resealed, and Im a tad worried about the state of the aft keel bolt/stud and trying to troubleshoot next steps. There may have been different keel options but mine is an iron fin keel. No obvious leaking and Keel/hull joint looks ok. Any insight on what this might entail on the kirie?

Jun 8, 2004
Kirie-Elite Elite 37 Niceville, FL
Greetings all. New to the forum. Just picked up a 1985 Kirie Elite 29. Going to do a major renovation on all internal systems... electrical, plumbing, water damaged woodwork around windows, etc... Seems like a lovely boat with beautiful lines... Having trouble finding other owners... there used to be a Group on Yahoo but it shut down years ago... any insights into how to connect with other owners and/or things like owner's manuals, etc... would be greatly appreciated! I look forward to exploring these forums. Thank you!
Semper Paratus!
-Elite29Owner

Jun 8, 2004
Kirie-Elite Elite 37 Niceville, FL
Hey there. Wondering how your restoration project is going? Just got an old 84 kirie elite 29 myself and trying to fix up a few things. In particular I’m having a little bit of keel corrosion resealed, and Im a tad worried about the state of the aft keel bolt/stud and trying to troubleshoot next steps. There may have been different keel options but mine is an iron fin keel. No obvious leaking and Keel/hull joint looks ok. Any insight on what this might entail on the kirie?
All the kirie-Elites have iron keels. Just clean and seal rust spots on keel with interprotec. I had to remove the old rusted bolts on all my keel bolts and the steel plate beneath. Cleaned studs and used a cleaning die on the threads. Removed the steel plate and replaced with reinforced (G10) fiberglass. Replaced nuts with new galvanized nuts and washers. I had to use a dremel tool and chisel to remove old nut. Threads underneath were like new.

Feb 16, 2024
Kirie Elite 29 Charleston Sc
Thanks for your reply! I may need to break out the chisel. The bottom nut looks a bit corroded and the top nut was previously replaced and looks great but the very tip of the stud looks a little corroded too. Did you actually need to break any of the bolts to get them off? I think the stud is ok otherwise though, but will definitely invest in a cleaning die. Appreciate the contact in France!