keys info again

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gary

Can you repost those marina names in the northern keys that you said were so nice, or how can I find them in archives? Thanks Gary

P

Paul Mieszczenski

Northern Keys

Gary, If you'er refering to my post about the cruise from Islamorada to Elliot Key, the marinas are Gilbert's (305-451-1133) and Smuggler's Cove. There are others, but these are the two that are the easiest and most convenient to get to. Smuggler's Cove isn't that fancy, but they do have all the the stuff and the bridge for crossing over into the ocean. Gilbert's is where we keep our boat and is just about in the middle of this cruise. The weather has been great, come on down. PM

G

Gary

Thanks

Paul, I was referring to your post. Thanks for getting back to me, I don't think I would have had any luck searching the archives. Those marinas and way you described everything had me smeeling the salt air. We (wife, daughter, and I) live in Kentucky. We are virgin sailors and just bought a Hunter 20. We will doing the majority of our sailing on a local lake, but figure we can make a couple of trips per year to Florida. We are school teachers and have spring break approaching (end of March we hvae 10 days off !!!). It is still pretty cool here at that time, especially for the swim/dive part. My main concern is our lack of experience. Would we be safe hanging out around the places you mention? We don't need to go fast, we don't need to leave protected area, we just want warm air, warm water, good diving, good paddling (I have a sit-on-top tandem kayak), good people, and cold beer. Not too much to ask is it??? We have been thinking about Sarasota Bay, but then I read your post. This math teacher/Parrothead/sailing wanabe was drawn to it like a cold beer Friday at 3:30. Guess I'm rambling, but I am just trying to explain our situation. I would even love to find someone to hire for a day of sailing lessons instead of attending a course. I would rather learn on our boat. Thanks again for the reply, and I appreciate any of your thoughts. Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.