kerosene stove

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Carl Steele

Need some advice on solving a problem with our kerosene stove, The stove is origional equipment on our 1980 Hunter. awe have had many years of good service, but lately have been having a problem keeping the burners lit. They go through a pulsing phase and no mater what we have tried ( turning control knob up etc. ) they flame out. Thanks in advance to anyone who can give me an answer to this problem. Carl

T

terry dornan

Bet it is Alcohol?

And if it is I would say your are likely fairly plugged with residue, sort of like the old blowtorches used to get. Best check out what you have there, I have a hard time believing that it is Kerosene fueled.

Aug 11, 2006
Hunter H260 Traverse City
Assuming it's alcohol...

... it is probably an air leak since the system relies on air pressure to feed the alcohol to the burner in an aerosol state. (Assuming no pinholes anywhere, those little connector nuts you see are usually the culprit). If it's your basic Kenyon stove, you can STILL get parts and repair kits so you can bring them back to perfect operating condition! The the previous advice about residue may also hold true, and changing the alcohol supply entirely every once in while is not a bad idea...

C

Carl Steele

Kerosene- NOT alcohol

Thankyou for all replies. Yes, Strange as it seems our stove is kerosene. We own hull # 45 and it was equiped at the Hunter factory with presure kerosene for the stove and oven. Probably the advice for alcohol will hold true for alcohol so I will give it a try. Thanks to all for your advice. Carl

T

Todd Osborne

Low on fuel?

I know I can tell when my stove is low on fuel, my stove pulsates just like you mentioned. Try adding more fuel.

W

Winni

An easily overlooked item...

Carl, I had a similar situation with our kerosene stove, where I would heat the burners, but once lit they kept going out, no matter how I adjusted the knob. UNTIL, I realized that I had the control valve turned off DUH! If the valve is turned on the it's been pumped for pressurization, then you probably have a buildup in the lines. Hope this helps. s/v Island Hops

Status
Not open for further replies.